3.30.2011




There's no place like home... there's no place like home...


Don't get me wrong, I LOVE college. This semester has been frustratingly challenging, but not bad. The thing is, I have so many exciting things going on this summer that I just want to push the school year out of my way and run ahead to it!

Exciting thing 1: I get to go home and search for a job. Ok, well, that's not so exciting, and perhaps even a tad bit scary, as I doubt I'm going to get to get any said job since I'll only be around for a month and a half, but I'm excited to be home and back on the farm at the very least. I love it there, and I miss it while I'm stuck down here in the city. Also I will get to spend some time with my best friends from home, all of who I miss terribly.

Exciting thing 2: NiterĂ³i Brazil. I am spending 6 weeks there this summer as a missionary intern. I am beyond excited about this. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me and what He's doing in the lives of the people of NiterĂ³i! Read more (and donate, please- I'm only $1300 away from my goal) here. Or you could go to my Etsy shop and buy a photo for your donation, and get yourself entered to win a free photoshoot (prints not included), 3 free 5X7s, or 1 free 8X10 print when you purchase a photo! 

Exciting thing 3: My brother and sister in law are having a baby at the end of the summer! He/She should be here soon after I get back from Brazil! I can't wait to be an aunt and get to spoil my niece or nephew!

Exciting thing 4: Coming back to college for semester number 5! This semester is going to be great! I'm taking all classes for my major and minor, and my schedule is really good! Plus I'm applying for some jobs/internships, so we'll see how that goes! Also, I got elected as chaplain of my social club, which means that I get to do lots of exciting things and encourage a big group of girls that I love! Finally, I get to move into an apartment with a great friend! We're gonna have tons of fun.

God is good!

Well, those are really the only 4 things, but goodness am I excited! Turning over a new leaf is always great, and this summer and fall are going to include lots and lots of firsts!

Posted by penned by Mindi at 12:16 PM
Categories:

 

0 loves:

 
>